Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Intro to "A Place I Call My Own"

The first piece i put into my portfolio is called "A Place I Call My Own." This was the first major paper that we did a few weeks into the semester. It was our show not tell paper, which means we had to create a paper full of description. I chose to put this paper in because i feel i did a good job at putting sensory detail in. Normally i wouldn't add a whole lot of details into papers that i do, so it was new for me to describe things in all five senses. But, it's kinda fun to throw a lot of detail in and to use big words to describe something. I have a lot of different ways to describe things in my paper, but a good example of one would be, "It feels as if the heater has been going all day. However, the window is slightly cracked, allowing a fresh cool breeze flow through the air, and swiftly crossing your face."

No comments:

Post a Comment